Taxis are the direct means of travelling- they pick you up from your location and drop at your destination, without any stopovers in between. These very reasons make taxi
a convenient means of commuting as compared to the other public transport services available.
Table of Contents
Taxis ranks in the UK
In the UK, it is a common sight to find the cab queues at taxi ranks, outside Airports, railway stations, universities besides other public spots. At times, you might need to use the taxi at taxi ranks, especially when didn’t pre-book the cab earlier. In such a scenario, you must take the following precautions.
- Ensure that the cab is licensed: License number is usually mentioned in from and rear windscreen of the taxi.
- Check driver’s badge.
- Check beforehand if the driver is aware of the address where you intend to travel.
- Discuss and freeze the fare before the start of the journey.
- When travelling alone, prefer to sit at the back.
However, if you are aware of the journey in advance, it is highly recommended to stick with a pre-booked cab service only.
Steps to book taxi
There are a couple of ways to pre-book a cab- you can give a call to the Woking taxi service provider to book a cab on your behalf, or you could as well book via their website or app. Though it is recommended to reserve a spot via the form submission process on the website/app, after filling in your relevant details.
- If you are connected to the internet, your pick-up point will be automatically loaded through the navigation, as soon as you open the App.
- Next, step is to choose your destination, followed by the taxi selection- Ranging from the economy, business class, premium to corporate, minibus and van, there are a plethora of options to choose from- Take a pick as per your budget, preference and requirement.
- Next screen should show you the fare applicable and options to pay- you could either pay via card or in cash. Click on your preferred mode of payment and click ‘book’.
- Soon after, you’ll receive a booking confirmation alongside the chauffeur details in your mail as well as in a text.
- You could also live-track the taxi movements via a map on the company website, or app besides the time it will take for the cab to reach you.
- All the reputed taxi services follow the navigation to reach your pick-up spot, however, if needed, you can also get in touch with the driver telephonically to apprise them of your exact location to avoid confusion and unnecessary delay.
As you can see, the taxi booking process is pretty simple and hassle-free. No wonder, it has emerged as a preferable and reliable medium of travel in the UK for all sorts of commuting.